…and if I go on another bad date I’m going to SHOOT MYSELF IN THE FACE!!
I’m going to get all this negativity out in this post and then I’m moving on with my life so, brace yourselves.
Kate’s Dating Life in a Nutshell
- Giving a few guys my number was a bad idea, ended up with what felt like a million guys messaging me for dates which frankly I don’t have the time for.
- Went on two dates with someone I thought was a lovely guy with a disability. Turns out he is less of a lovely guy and more of a wheelie big player… I’ll let you join the dots on that one.
- Went on one date with a guy who walked with his arms puffed out as if he was Popeye (he wasn’t even that muscley) and wouldn’t crack a smile. He marched me around a park for half an hour where he mentioned his ex girlfriend no less than six times… NEXT!
- Went on one date with a guy who looked so different to his picture that I walked past him. He had scary eyes and unlike Popeye (where I knew immediately that neither of us was interested in the other) I immediately knew that he was super keen on me but that I was not interested in him AT ALL. This was confirmed when I sat on a seat next to the bench where he was sitting and he swung his legs around so that he was straddling me… Creepy!
- I was due to have another date with a different guy this afternoon but I though, do you know what, fuck that, I have so much god damn stuff to do and I am so sick of not having done the stuff I need to do for the weekend because I’m out on a rubbish date.
I went out with my housemate in the end and while she was at the bar I facebook stalked my ex boyfriend from her phone, which was a silly idea, wasn’t it?
Yes, it was. Especially when I saw my ex has is now in a relationship with someone he’s been seeing for two months even though he was seeing me for six months and never put ANYTHING about me on Facebook. I was never even mentioned, let alone listed as being in a relationship with him!
So then I cried at the pub because I am that crazy girl.
Seriously, I went from being the chick singing Beyoncé “single ladies” in her head while cancelling a date to being a nauseas mess who wants to know why he loves this new girl but didn’t love me.
It sucks. If you had of asked me if him having another girlfriend would have bothered me I would’ve said no but wouldn’t you know it, it does bother me, a LOT.
So yeah, there’s my update. I’m hanging up my dating boots until my self esteem has recovered a bit from the last few months in the dating trenches.